|💳 Starting Price
|$9.99 for 20 credits
|👍 Best For
|Online flirting and romance
Cyber dates with Slavic ladies
|❤️ Favorite Features
|Photo and video messages
People matching feature
|📱 App Info
|No, but it’s mobile-friendly
Is JollyRomance legit? Check out how it performs across the major metrics I use to evaluate the online dating sites I review.
Why choose JollyRomance?
Ultimately, all JollyRomance reviews are subjective, so let’s look at the hard facts and numbers. They should help you get a clear picture of this online dating platform:
- Up to 150K monthly visits. A large dating pool means higher chances of finding your match.
- 3-to-1 male-to-female ratio. This is a pretty common distribution that allows for easy matching.
- Most girls are under 35. However, you can also come across ladies in their early to mid-forties.
- Best profiles include 10+ public photos. The most prolific users continuously add new posts to the Newsfeed.
- News users receive 20 bonus credits. They can buy you up to 10 minutes of live chat or a few stickers.
With these basics in mind, let’s unpack how the numbers translate into the online dating experience based on my short trial run.
Like all new members, I immediately got the offer to purchase the starting package of 20 credits for $2.99. Once they ran out, I could choose among the following options:
And if you’re wondering how to get free credits on JollyRomance, as a new user, you’ll automatically receive 20 credits to test the dating site after signup.
What services does JollyRomance offer for free?
As I signed up under a male disguise, I discovered that Jolly Romance offers a limited number of free services, such as:
- Dating profile setup
- Search filters, People, and Newsfeed features for finding potential matches
- Browsing full member profiles (private photos become available after you receive an answer from the member)
- Live streams with public chat (but tips and gifts cost extra)
So is JollyRomance free? As you can probably guess by now, the answer is yes and no. Female members get access to all premium features, including private messaging, for free after they fill out their profiles. Male users will need to spend money to get credits and unlock most premium features.
What services does JollyRomance offer for credits?
When it comes to male members, private communication is only available with credits. Here’s a quick overview of the advanced functionality I encountered on the JollyRomance dating site:
- Live chat (2 credits per minute + 5 credits per sticker, 10 credits per photo, 50 credits per video).
- Mail (10 to 30 credits for sending letters, 10 credits for opening letters; sending photos is free, but opening photos and videos costs 10 or 50 credits).
- Virtual gifts (from 32 to 4,990 credits, depending on your gift of choice).
- Flower and present delivery (from 799 credits for a rose bouquet to 15,599 for iPhone 14 Pro with AirPods).
- Contact details request (while the request itself is free, it becomes available to you only after spending 3,000 credits on the user)
I was confused about the pricing at first, but I found most features display the cost, so you don’t have to worry about keeping track. Besides, you can always check your balance in the Credits tab.
By the way, if you’re worried about some reviews raging about the JollyRomance scam, don’t be. There are no automatic monthly charges, and the Automatic Top Up is not active by default. You need to activate it manually to allow automated charges when your credits run low.
What payment options does JollyRomance accept?
I found payment methods pretty convenient, with two primary options:
- The standard credit card payment interface accepts Visa, MasterCard, and AmericanExpress.
- Sofort lets you choose your bank and log into your account in a few clicks.
I went with the former option, as it’s quick and straightforward. Still, I wish JollyRomance offered an ApplePay and GooglePay option for added convenience.
Let’s weigh the pros and cons of using JollyRomance for online dating
- Photo and video exchange is possible in live chat and emails
- People and Newsfeed tabs are great search filter alternatives
- Credit-based fees mean there are no automatic monthly charges
- Search filters are limited to gender, age, and country
- There are no Android or iOS mobile apps
- Virtual and real gifts are quite pricey
With financial matters finally out of the way, let’s go over what the JollyRomance online dating platform has to offer. I’ll walk you through all the steps, from setting up a profile to finding a match.
Signup and Login on JollyRomance
Jolly Romance signup takes less than a minute, as you only need to share basic personal details, such as:
- Date of birth
- Email and password
Alternatively, you can opt for a JollyRomance login via your Google account, though I suggest using a secondary personal profile rather than your primary or business email.
The dating website will automatically take you to your profile page once you register, and you’ll receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You’ll need to follow the link inside to verify your email before you can start browsing or setting up your profile.
Search and filters
The Search tab (leftmost in the top menu) comes with a toggle for viewing all profiles, those who are online, or those you are following. Beyond that, there are only a few options for narrowing down the search results:
- Age range
Considering JollyRomance is primarily geared toward Slavic women, I found lots of eligible ladies from Ukraine, Poland, and Belarus. Girls from other European countries aren’t as common on this dating platform.
Overall, I’d prefer more search filters, including appearance and interests, to facilitate the search for compatible partners. But if you don’t have a specific type and love browsing gorgeous photos, you may enjoy looking around and weighing your options.
Besides you can also use the People tab if you prefer swiping or the Newsfeed tab if you’re a fan of Facebook or Instagram. The former offers random matches, while the latter covers recent activity and posts.
JollyRomance profiles overview
As far as I can tell, aside from photos and videos, JollyRomance profiles include the following four basic building blocks:
- Bio. It includes basic information about you, like your name, age, location (country and city), marital status, and language skills.
- About. You can choose up to three standard options for your Hobbies, Traits, Music, and Movies.
- Looking for. Beyond gender, age range, and personality type, you can also specify one or more of the standard relationship goals.
- Story. That’s where you can let your personality truly shine through. Your story will be displayed at the top of the page, so including an attention-grabbing sentence or two at the beginning will increase your chances of getting matches.
Overall, ladies’ profiles on this online dating service lean heavily into photo content, letting users upload recent shots and create short Instagram-like posts that are displayed at the bottom of the profile page and featured in the Newsfeed.
The most prolific girls share 20+ professional and candid shots, making it easy to stay away from the rare JollyRomance fake profiles. The latter are few, as most ladies I chatted with were genuinely interested in making a connection.
Making contact on JollyRomance
After testing search filters and browsing a few dozen profiles, I tested several communication tools Jolly Romance had in store:
- Live chat is the fastest and most convenient tool for contacting users who are currently online. Besides, I could spice up conversations with emojis, photos, and videos. The only thing I consider mostly useless are stickers, as they are pretty costly.
- Emails are perfect for contacting your JollyRomance favorites who are offline. Letters can be lengthy (up to 3,500 characters) and include photo and video files. It felt a bit old–fashioned, but I found emails better suited for getting to know other daters in the early days.
- Live streams are free but pretty rare, which isn’t surprising considering the time difference. I only caught them a few times, but they looked fun and seemed like a great way to get to know potential matches before reaching out privately.
Note: you can use JollyRomance free credits for live chat and mail, but they will only cover a couple of letters or up to ten minutes of chatting.
JollyRomance design and usability
The Jolly Romance dating site looks pretty minimalistic, and the streamlined navigation is definitely a bonus. You can easily switch between different tabs and initiate contact, whether you choose to do so from a personal profile, search results, or the Newsfeed page.
The one thing I found distracting was the banner inviting me to chat with Latina girls. It may be a tempting offer, but it can be pretty annoying for men who are specifically looking for Slavic girls. And a dedicated JollyRomance app wouldn’t go amiss, even if the interface is mobile-friendly.
Finally, I’d appreciate virtual and real current prices in USD instead of credits, as translating the cost can be quite frustrating.
JollyRomance customer support
Is JollyRomance real? Even a cursory glance at all the customer care options available should convince you of this dating site’s authenticity:
- FAQ. Answers to most common questions, complete with a search bar
- Help center. Contact form for submitting requests
- Email. [email protected]
- Extra resources. Anti-scam policy and community guidelines for safe online dating
The only thing missing is a live chat or hotline, though, in my experience, email response time is relatively short, especially on workdays.
Our JollyRomance review verdict
After testing JollyRomance, I believe it is a good option for entering the world of international dating with a focus on Slavic ladies. Signup and profile setup are fast and easy, and the interface is intuitive enough even for online dating novices.
Besides, JollyRomance does not require long-term commitment when it comes to subscriptions, as you can purchase and spend credits at your leisure. Considering registration is free and comes with bonus credits, you can sign up and verify my findings on your own with zero risk.
If, after reading this JollyRomance review, you decide that it’s not the best online dating site for you, here are a few alternative options for you to consider. Their functionality, pricing, and dating pool may be more to your liking.
Does JollyRomance verify identity?
Beyond email confirmation, users can opt to boost their profiles by going through video and ID verification. However, JollyRomance only confirms the user’s name, age, and appearance, so you should still exercise caution when getting to know strangers online.
Which country uses JollyRomance the most?
The dating site is most popular in the US, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK. When it comes to Eastern European countries, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, and Belarus have the highest number of users on Jolly Romance.
How can I delete my profile from JollyRomance?
Open the profile settings tab and click on the “Deactivate profile” button in the upper right corner. You’ll need to enter your password to confirm the action. On JollyRomance, to delete the account completely, you’ll need to email the customer support team and confirm your wish to permanently erase your data.
Why trust Erika Hartman?
- She personally tested 50+ dating sites and shared her insights.
- Erika has been researching international dating for over 5 years.
- She has a way of breaking down complex issues into bite-sized chunks for guides and reviews.
- Her communication and diversity studies training serves international couples well.