|💳 Starting Price
|From $0.08 per credit
|👍 Best For
|Finding a partner abroad
Meeting Latin singles being outside of Latin America
|❤️ Favorite Features
|Free extended search“Like” swiping feature
Audio and video messaging
|📱 App Info
|No mobile dating app, mobile-optimized website
Here’s how our other experts and I ranked the website after over a month of using it, testing both free and premium features, and communicating with members.
Why choose LatiDate?
LatiDate definitely has its strong sides—otherwise, there wouldn’t be so many positive LatiDate reviews. It has drawbacks, too, but first, we’d like to talk about things that make this dating website worth using.
- Growing community. The website shows great monthly growth, and it’s likely to become one of the largest platforms for meeting Latin singles.
- Very detailed profiles. Around 85% of registered members have multiple photos and very detailed bios.
- Not just texting. Audio and video messaging significantly improve the online dating experience for singles, especially considering that most members are seeking serious relationships.
- Free search. There’s no need to pay to find your match and see full-size photos.
- High activity. At LatiDate, you don’t need to wait for a good match for weeks—the community is very active, and the response rate is high.
So, is LatiDate legit? Yes, it is, and there are multiple benefits of using it. Still, I’d recommend learning more about the dating website, its costs, and its policies. You’ll need this information to understand whether it’s really the best option for you.
How much does LatiDate cost?
Like most other online dating platforms in this segment of the market, LatiDate offers credits and not paid monthly plans, and currently, the costs of the available packages are:
New members don’t have to buy credits right after they set up accounts. Every new user gets 20 credits for signing up and 10 more credits for email confirmation.
What services are offered at LatiDate for free?
There are actually more free than paid features on LatiDate, and the best of them are the following ones:
- All types of search. There are multiple filters, suggested matches, and a swiping feature—all available for free.
- Unlimited access to profiles. There are no extra charges for opening pages, unlocking photos, accessing certain information on profiles, etc.
- Likes and favorites. These are the free ways to notify someone that you might be interested in a conversation.
- Tutorials and guides. Free materials that help a newcomer understand how the system works.
- Support. The speed won’t be any different whether you are a free or paying member.
As a free member, I couldn’t really interact with others, but I could learn enough about the community, see new people, test search features, and even evaluate the possible level of interest as non-paying users can see and read messages sent to them.
Which LatiDate services will cost credits?
There are only four paid services on LatiDate:
- Live chat—a classic online messenger
- Letters—an alternative for those who prefer long emails
- Say Hello—openers, winks, and standard search messages
- Audio and video messages—features that significantly improve the online dating experience.
This is a good set for a dating website. There are no extra special services like gift delivery, but members have a real opportunity to build emotional connections online, even at a distance.
What payment options are available at LatiDate?
Members can buy credits using the following methods:
- Trust Payments—American Express
- Unlimint—Discover, Mastercard, Visa
- LPB—Mastercard, Visa
Unfortunately, there’s no Google Pay or Apple Pay at the moment.
Weighing the pros and cons of using LatiDate
- New website with active and young members
- Effective platform for singles seeking serious relationships
- Good moderation and a high level of safety
- Transparent pricing policy
- Matchmaking & suggested profiles
- Members can’t interact with each other for free
- No mobile app is available at the moment
- Audio & video messaging will cost you extra credits
A user should learn about the inner workings of the website before joining it. I’ve evaluated the quality of the search, the registration process, and the profiles—let me share my findings below.
Signing up and logging in on LatiDate
LatiDate has one of the simplest registration procedures. Those who want to join the website need to:
- Find the registration form at the top of the main page of the official website
- Provide basic information, namely, username, age, and gender, and create a password (you can also sign up with your Google account)
- Confirm that you agree with the terms, rules, and policies
- Proceed to the website
There are no lengthy personality tests or quizzes, so it may seem that most profiles on the website should be half-empty. However, it’s not exactly true. The thing is, it’s a premium-based website, so members are usually motivated to share more details and get more matches.
Also, moderators suspend low-effort accounts. After the registration is complete, every member can go to Profile Settings and add multiple details, upload photos, and write bios for free.
Search and filters
Members can choose between the two main ways to discover new matches:
1. Via classic search
The principle is simple—you apply filters and see who meets your basic criteria. I like that filters are mostly useful. Currently, you can search for top matches by the following:
- Online status
- Country & city
- Body type & height
- Eye color & hair color
- Marital status
- Number of children & desire to have more
- Alcohol & smoking
So, the selection is good, but unfortunately, I couldn’t save my searches, which means I had to select new filters each time I was looking for new matches.
2. Via swiping
The Like feature is basically the good old swiping—you see a profile, view more information & like/skip a profile, or like/skip the user right away. However, there are a few things that distinguish it from the features used on mainstream apps and websites.
First of all, you can contact someone regardless of whether you are matched or not. Second, you can sort profiles by some basic parameters (All Online Members, Who Liked You, Who Viewed Your Profile) or even apply some extended search filters (age, height, body type, hair color, eye color, marital status).
LatiDate profiles overview
What are the odds of coming across a LatiDate scam? They’re pretty low just because of the high quality of profiles. One look at one’s page is enough to understand how motivated this person is to find a partner on the website, and finding a low-effort account is a challenge.
Every user can fill their account for free, and the algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Adding an avatar picture.
- Checking basic details like name, country, and city.
- Adding About Myself details—marital status, education, children, religion, job, hobbies, alcohol, smoking, and the purpose of using the site.
- Adding details about your perfect match—eye color, hair color, age range, body type, height, religion, marital status, children, alcohol, smoking.
- Describing yourself.
- Describing your perfect match.
What I appreciated most was that members usually had long descriptions of their own personalities and lives and described the person they were looking for in detail. This extensive information not only lets others understand what your background is but also makes the search feature work.
Generally speaking, the profile quality on LatiDate is definitely above average, and here’s what typical profiles usually look like.
Making contact on LatiDate
The LatiDate communication system is pretty simple. There are a few main ways to contact users on the website:
- By sending a like or favoriting a user—in both cases, the member will get notified.
- By starting a chat in real time.
- By sending a Letter (a long email that a user who isn’t currently online will receive and read later).
- By sending a photo, audio, or video message.
I liked how the website worked overall. At the early stage of communication, you can spend less on texting and getting to know a person better, and if everything goes right, you can start using more expensive features, like exchanging videos, photos, and audio messages.
Design & Interface
LatiDate doesn’t offer anything extraordinary in terms of design. It’s a classic and simple website with no excessive elements, messy links, and annoying colors, but it doesn’t look super-modern and stylish either.
All the main features are accessible from the side menu, so a beginner will hardly experience any difficulty when trying to navigate the website. You can go to Letters or Chats, see who’s online now, view the tutorial, go to FAQ, and use any type of search feature with just one click.
LatiDate customer support
Unfortunately, there’s no hotline at the moment. The only way to reach the customer support team is to go to the FAQ section, find the Contact Support link, and submit the form.
Though that isn’t the most convenient way to communicate with the support, at least they work fast—when I submitted a ticket, I got an answer in about 2 hours. So, you most likely won’t have to wait for the response for days or weeks.
Our LatiDate review verdict
So, is LatiDate legitimate? Yes, it’s a legit online dating platform. However, I’d like to emphasize that it’s created for a specific category of users. If you’re looking for love and believe that your dream partner may be waiting for you somewhere in Latin America, or if you are from Latin America and are considering finding a partner, for example, in the US, it may be one of the best platforms to use to achieve your main goal.
The website isn’t cheap; it’s designed for people who want to find someone special and build a strong relationship—if you’re looking for NSA, FWB, or just pleasant communication that doesn’t necessarily have to go somewhere, it’s not the best option for you.
Is LatiDate real? Yes, it is, but it doesn’t actually mean that it’s perfect for all. If, for some reason, it doesn’t seem to be the best dating platform for you, you may consider choosing one of the alternative dating websites with similar user bases and concepts but different policies and sets of features.