|💳 Starting Price
|$2.99 for 35 credits
|👍 Best For
|Cross-cultural dating, meeting Asian mail-order brides, serious relationships
|❤️ Favorite Features
|Say Hello opening messages
Audio & video messages
Multiple free search features
|📱 App Info
A good online dating website must meet multiple quality criteria. In the case of SakuraDate, the scores for the most important parameters and features are as follows.
Why choose SakuraDate?
Is SakuraDate legitimate and worth using? Well, it is, and I’d say there are certain reasons to use it, namely:
- Free registration & bonuses. Every adult user can join the community for free and test the website without spending money.
- High profile quality. Compared to most other dating sites, profile quality is outstanding. Members have very detailed bios and 5+ profile photos.
- Full transparency. There are no hidden costs or conditions, and a user is notified about all changes immediately.
- Multiple communication features. On the SakuraDate dating site, there are many more features than just texting. In particular, audio & video messaging are available, too.
- Free search. There are three types of search, all free to use. Access to profiles is also unlimited for all members.
Of course, I can’t say that the website is perfect and the SakuraDate complaints are non-existent, but the platform definitely has some serious advantages over competitors.
What is SakuraDate? First and foremost, it’s a freemium international dating website for people seeking serious relationships with foreign partners. Like many other specialized platforms, SakuraDate offers credits as an alternative to premium plans, and currently, the costs are as follows:
Note that everyone who’s just joined the community automatically gets 20 free credits and can apply for 10 more after email verification.
Which SakuraDate services are provided for free?
Though one can hardly use SakuraDate without spending any credits, there are still many things that non-paying users can do, namely:
- Browse profiles. There’s no information that would be restricted for non-paying users.
- Boost their profiles. Everyone can make their profile super-detailed and competitive for free.
- Use search filters & the Like feature. All types of advanced and basic searches, like swiping are free and unlimited.
- Send likes & favorite others. These are basic features available to non-paying members.
- Contact support. The only way to reach the support team is to submit the request on the website, which is not ideal. However, I received responses about 2-3 hours after submitting a question, which is a good speed for such platforms.
Is SakuraDate legit? As a free member, I could find the answer to this question—see profiles, test some features, use search, etc. At this stage, it’s impossible to evaluate the quality of communication, but at least you can see what the dating website offers and what the system is actually like.
Which SakuraDate services will cost credits?
Using the SakuraDate site without credits doesn’t make much sense, as credits unlock multiple premium features, namely:
- Live chat & Letters. These are the two main communication features, and each format may be more or less effective for a particular member.
- Audio & video messaging. There’s no video chat or phone calls, but audio & video messaging are good alternatives to these features.
- Say Hello feature. You can start a conversation with just one click by choosing one of the first message templates, sending a wink, etc.
Costs for using different features vary, but you can always see a tip and the accurate price next to every window and button on SakuraDate.
What payments does SakuraDate accept?
Currently, the following payment methods are available:
- LPB (Mastercard, Visa)
- Unlimit (Discover, Mastercard, Visa)
- Trust Payments (American Express)
- Google Pay (Mastercard, Visa)
All of them are safe, so there’s no need to worry about your financial information.
Weighing the pros and cons of using SakuraDate
- Modern, user-friendly website
- Very rapid growth rate, active community
- Anti-scam protection, good moderation
- Singles seeking serious relationships
- Good profile structure
- No mobile app
- No free communication between users
- No video chat
So, it’s a website designed for singles seeking meaningful relationships with the two main groups of members—Asian women and men from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and some other countries. Such websites must meet multiple quality criteria—every feature must work well enough to help members find their best matches, build emotional connections, and have a good online dating experience overall.
Below, I describe every significant aspect based on my own experience of using SakuraDate.
Signing up and logging in on SakuraDate
When you visit the site, the first thing you see is the registration form. You can scroll down the page to find more information on how the system works, and if you’re still interested, you’ll need to take the following actions to join the community:
- Fill in the form (provide your name, gender, and date of birth and create a password) or sign up with Google
- Confirm your email address
- See the tutorial for newcomers (optional)
- Add more details about yourself, share more photos, and write a bio (optional)
After you create an account, you’ll be able to log in at any time with your registration details or Google account. Note that though it may seem that a user can just create a low-effort account, such profiles are likely to be suspended by moderators.
I’d also recommend making a serious effort and creating a competitive profile—that’s a simple way to improve your response rate.
Search and filters
There are two main search features on SakuraDate:
- Standard search. When you visit the Search page, you see basic filters, such as age range and online/offline status. But when you click Detailed Filter, you’ll see many more search criteria, namely, country, city, height range, body type, eye color, job or profession, hair color, marital status, education, the purpose of using the site, religion, number of children, plans to have more children, alcohol and smoking.
- The Like feature. If you’re a Tinder user, you’ll understand how it works immediately. If you’ve never been using dating sites before, you’ll also hardly experience any difficulty. You swipe left and right, see profiles, and if you like someone, you’ll be able to contact this person even before you match.
Both search features are free and work pretty well. The only thing I felt I was missing was the With Photo only filter. Most members have them, so it’s not a huge problem, but it still would be a helpful feature for ladies, as male profiles are less detailed overall.
SakuraDate profiles overview
Every member can easily make their SakuraDate profile stand out, and here’s how you can do it:
- Add multiple photos
- Add About Myself details
- Add the Member I’m Looking For details
- Tell more about yourself (a bio written by a member)
- Tell more about your match (also a description written by a member)
Unlike other dating platforms, SakuraDate lets you separate information about yourself and about the person you are looking for, so the information from the About Myself and About My Match sections aren’t mixed and are way more comprehensive than just one bio.
The difference between SakuraDate profiles and profiles on mainstream websites is obvious. Here, people don’t just share a link to their Instagram page in their bio but describe what they are looking for in detail.
Also, I’d recommend adding all the details like education, job, marital status, etc.—they make search algorithms work. I’d also like to emphasize that users with three or fewer photos won’t be able to stand out from the competition on SakuraDate.
Making contact on SakuraDate
Here’s how I could contact others on SakuraDate:
- Notify others I’m interested in communicating with them by sending likes and favoriting profiles
- Send Letters
- Start a live chat with someone
- Choose one of the first message templates (Say Hello feature)
Only likes and favorites are free features—using all other services will cost you some credits. I definitely liked instant messaging best, but I must admit that Letters work better if you meet someone attractive and this person is currently offline.
Design & usability
It takes time to get used to the website. I experienced some difficulties with scrolling down the pages until I realized that would be much easier on mobile. There’s no Sakura Date online dating app, but it works well enough on a mobile browser.
The design is good—there are no too vivid colors, no excessive and messy elements, and no annoying pop-ups. Main features are accessible with one click from the Main Menu, but if you want to log out, you’ll need to find the Change Email/Password & Other button on Profile Settings, which is not intuitive at all.
Help & support
Currently, there’s only one way to reach the Sakura Date support team, and it took some time for me to understand how to do it. A user needs to go to the FAQ section, find the support link at the very bottom of the page, describe your problem, and then submit a ticket.
I did it twice, and both times I received the response in a few hours. Note that I only asked a few questions, so I can’t say how fast the support team will cope with serious technical issues, but I have had a positive experience interacting with them overall.
Our SakuraDate review verdict
So, is SakuraDate real? Yes, it’s real—there are a lot of active members, some great features, and the profile quality is quite high. Still, I’d recommend considering the SakuraDate cost and policy. I’d say this is a website for people who know what they want.
If you’re a single woman from Asia or a man looking for an Asian partner, if you expect to start a serious relationship in the near future, and if you don’t mind paying for this opportunity, it might be worth it. It’s not a casual dating website or a place where people just enjoy communication and make friends—there are better mainstream platforms for such purposes.
Sakura Date alternatives
If something about the website doesn’t meet your personal expectations, but you like the concept overall, I can recommend alternative websites that also connect international singles but have slightly different policies and sets of features.